Asbestos Consultant – One Name Multiple Roles
Are you aware of the danger of the silent killer, mesothelioma cancer, caused by the unchecked use of asbestos? Asbestos consultant is the person that spreads the awareness about the harmful affects of asbestos. Asbestos consultants provide information on potential dangers of asbestos and help to avoid mesothelioma, asbestosis and other serious lung disorders.
Asbestos consultants also help you to become aware about the strict government laws related to working with Asbestos containing material in the industries. They help the industries to adhere to and establish safe procedures working with asbestos. This can help in preventing harmful asbestos exposure for the workmen and avoid the possibilities of contacting asbestos related disease.
Another role of asbestos consultant is to check the presence of asbestos containing material in the residential and commercial buildings. The consultant has to conduct an asbestos survey and check the presence of asbestos material, check its status and take necessary steps of the material which could pose health risk for the residents and or visitors of that building.
Selecting the Right Asbestos Legal Consultant:
The most important asbestos consultant is the person that helps you to recover damages in asbestos related lawsuits. Selection of the right legal asbestos consultant or asbestos attorney is the key factor that could determine the outcome if you have filed a lawsuit to recover damages for asbestos related disease. Selection of asbestos attorney is a crucial decision and you should not hesitate to ask the following questions before selecting the one to represent your asbestos lawsuit.
- What is the successful number of mesothelioma cases you have dealt so far?
- What is the total experience (in years) of your handling such cases?
- Number of cases being dealt by your firm currently.
- What is the probability of your firm referring my case to some other law firm?
- The number and the verdicts of the cases that your firm has personally taken to trial
- Who will represent me at the trial? An attorney from your firm or someone that you will hire for this purpose
- How many appeals you have handled successfully?
- Will your lawyers be available to handle my appeal in case it is necessary?
- What will, be your approach for this case (settlement or trial)
- What will be the fee basis?
Most of the asbestos legal consultants wok on a contingent fee basis wherein they charge a percentage of compensation as their fee and do not charge any fee if you do not receive any compensation.
About The Author:
Kirsten Hawkins is a asbestos and mesothelioma specialist from Nashville, TN. Visit http://www.asbestosblog.org/ for information on asbestos reform, mesothelioma lawsuit news, and more.
Copyright Kirsten Hawkins - http://www.asbestosblog.org/